Our partners utilize technologies, like cookies, and gather information that is browsing to provide you with the very best online experience and to personalise the content and advertisements shown to you.
Please let us know if you agree.
After finishing third in stage five italian Matteo Trentin regained the lead of the Tour of Britain.
The 174.1km point, which began and finished at Birkenhead with the road taking the riders throughout Cheshire, was acquired by Dutch driver Dylan Groenewegen.
Groenewegen completed as Trentin and Britain’s Matt Walls.
Trentin holds a three-second general lead over Dutch fisherman Mathieu van der Poel.
Thirty-year-old Trentin was top after stage three, but dropped below Van der Poel following the phase before regaining place and retains a three-second benefit.
The sixth of eight phases takes place on Thursday and also is now a 14.4km individual time trial in Pershore, Worcestershire.
After winning point one from Glasgow on Kirkcudbright on Saturday and stage three from Berwick to Newcastle on Monday, even though he sits 61st total groenewegen’s success on point five was his third in five days of their contest.
With three phases you will find 3 British riders in the top 20. Ben Swift out of Team Ineos is sixth, Matthew Holmes of Madison Genesis is 15th with Swiftcarbon Pro Cycling’s James Shaw in 19th.
1. Dylan Groenewegen (Ned/Team Jumbo-Visma) 3hrs 57mins 31secs
2. Matt Walls (GB/Great Britain Cycling Team) same time
3. Matteo Trentin (Ita/Mitchelton-Scott)
4. Cees Bol (Ned/Team Sunweb)
5. Davide Cimolai (Ita/Israel Cycling Academy)
1. Matteo Trentin (Ita/Mitchelton-Scott) 21hrs 33mins 55secs
2. Mathieu Van der Poel (Ned/Corendon-Circus) + 3 secs
3. Jasper de Buyst (Bel/Lotto-Soudal) + 10 secs
4. Simon Clarke (Aus/EF Education First) + 17 secs
5. Mike Teunissen (Ned/Team Jumbo-Visma) + 18 secs
6. Ben Swift (GB/Team Ineos) + 22 secs
Is your billionaire philanthropist at the heart of a worldwide conspiracy?
Road, track, BMX, mountain and more – there are many ways and motives to begin biking.
Got a cycling race coming up? Make sure that you make the most of your hot up for this 20-minute guide.
Read more: estimateyoutubeearnings18417.acidblog.net